NMNH Spring Break Internship Program
The Alternative Spring Break Program (ASB) provides college-level undergraduate and graduate students an opportunity to join week-long internship projects in a wide variety of professional settings throughout the NMNH community. The goal is to place interested and motivated undergraduate and graduate students, during the week of their spring break, in a professional work environment at the National Museum of Natural History where they can:
– Gain practical experience by working in a professional museum setting
– Develop new skills by learning from NMNH professionals
– Provide a service to the organization by contributing their time and talents
– Create professional partnerships
– Pursue their fields of interest related, or not, to their current profession
Project focus and intensity varies greatly. Participants are expected to be in-residence at the Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History in Washington, DC during their participation in the program.
AWARD PACKAGE: No financial assistance, housing, or travel allowance is provided as part of the program.
HOW TO APPLY: Contact the project sponsor directly. Projects available are listed on the main web page – look for “Spring Break” in the title.
TIMETABLE: 1 week
DEADLINE: Two weeks prior to the anticipated start date