Office of Public Affairs: Social Media Intern
DESCRIPTION: Intern will assist with the social media strategy of the Smithsonian’s Office of Communications and External Affairs. Primary projects include:
- Finding new opportunities for engagement and promotion of the Smithsonian’s strategic goals
- Researching, developing and writing compelling content to engage audiences on platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Google +, Tumblr, Instagram and Vine
- Working with communications professionals in the Office to develop social media strategies to complement Smithsonian storytelling
- Evaluating social media strategies using a variety of measurement tools
- Enthusiastic about social media and experienced using multiple social media platforms
- Excellent research and writing skills; please provide writing samples
- Professional demeanor, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified timeframes
- Keen attention to detail when proofreading, copyediting and fact-checking
- Comfortable utilizing Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, Google+ and Vine
REQUIREMENTS: Undergraduate level.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume and one writing sample and/or examples of digital media/social media experience to project contact name.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: The intern will gain experience working in an active public affairs office and learn how to promote the Smithsonian and its work to the public through digital media.
TIMETABLE: NO LONGER ACCEPTING SUMMER 2016 APPLICATIONS. Application for Summer 2017 will be reopened in December, 2016.
AWARD PACKAGE: None
Project Contact Name: Sarah Sulick
Phone: 202-633-5476 or email email@example.com