The Smithsonian Academic Appointment Council
The Smithsonian Academic Appointment Council (AAC) is a wide-ranging pan-Smithsonian group of stakeholders who support academic appointments (internships, fellowships, and research associate appointments) at the Smithsonian.
Members of the AAC include:
- Representatives from Smithsonian offices (i.e. OCIO, OPS, OF&A, OGC, OIR, OSP) that support academic appointments
- Academic appointment coordinators from around the Smithsonian, including staff of the Office of Fellowships and Internships (OFI)
- Members of the Academic Appointment Diversity and Publicity Taskforce (AADAPT)
- Representatives from the Smithsonian Congress of Scholars (SCOS)
- Smithsonian Institution Fellowship Program (SIFP) Review Committee Members
Though the entire AAC usually meets only twice per year, smaller groups drawn from the AAC convene more regularly.